Biophilia is the inherent human inclination to affiliate with nature. The concept of biophilia has been applied in various fields, including architecture and interior design. When it comes to incorporating biophilic design in a home, concepts such as green roofs, living walls and large windows that let abundant natural light enter indoors are commonly used.
Integrating biophilia in the home can have numerous benefits – it can improve indoor air quality, reduce stress and anxiety and promote mental well-being. As one of the premium residential projects in Kolkata, we offer some useful insight on biophilic design:
- Natural elements:
Natural elements are the most important aspect of a biophilic design as their benefits can be multifold. Not only are they pleasing to look at, but also have positive health impacts.
- Incorporating natural materials such as wood, stone and bamboo can make a significant impact on the overall ambiance of a home. These materials create a warm and inviting atmosphere that can make a space feel more comfortable and soothing.
- Indoor plants such as snake plant, peace lily and spider plants are a popular biophilic design element that can bring nature indoors. They can also help improve air quality by absorbing carbon dioxide and other indoor air pollutants. Also, indoor plants can reduce stress levels and improve overall well-being.
- Natural light is an essential element in biophilic design. It can help regulate the body’s natural circadian rhythm and can help improve overall mood and productivity. Install large windows or skylights to let in natural light and to provide views of the outside world.
- A green wall, also known as a living wall, is a wall covered in plants. It can help improve air quality and create a stunning focal point in a home. Green walls can be created using a variety of plants, from moss to vines, and can be custom-designed to fit any space.
- Incorporating colours in earthy shades of green, brown and blue can also instil a sense of calmness and relaxation in a home, and create a harmonious atmosphere.
- Promotes social interaction:
Biophilic design includes a wide range of design elements that work in harmony to create the right atmosphere for interactions and community building. Premium residential projects in Kolkata like ours have outdoor spaces that let residents socialise. From walking and jogging to cycling – our residential premises promote socially active life.
Also, premium residential projects have open spaces such as parks, gardens and play areas. These spaces help residents socialise with others – make new friends and participate in activities they might mutually enjoy.
- Improves well-being and increases productivity:
Biophilic design promotes good health and improves well-being. Exposure to nature considerably reduces stress, improves cognitive function and promotes overall health. Also, adding biophilic design to homes can improve the air quality indoors and instils a sense of calm and relaxed ambience. Being amidst nature creates a sense of happiness and refreshes one’s mind. Biophilic designs, if planned and placed strategically, evokes harmony and balances different elements and energies – which can improve one’s focus and increase productivity. Looking for a flat for sale in kolkata? Looking for premium residential projects in Kolkata?
If you are looking for a flat for sale in Kolkata, explore Ideal Exotica. It is a premium residential project in Kolkata offering an array of modern and luxurious amenities. From spacious floor plans and high-end finishes and fixtures to resort-style amenities, our premium residential project takes the concept of luxurious living to new heights.